This Privacy Notice describes how Joey Yap Group of Companies and its related companies including but not limited to Joey Yap Research International Sdn Bhd, Joey Yap Research Group Sdn Bhd, Joey Yap Consulting Group Sdn Bhd, Joey Yap Private Limited and JY Workforce Dynamics Sdn Bhd, Merklynn sdn bhd (collectively referred to as "the Company", "us" or "we") collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals is consistent with the Personal Data Protection Act of Malaysia and Singapore.
We value the trust you have placed in us and respect your privacy. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Defining Personal Information
In this Privacy Notice, Personal Information refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Information you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individual which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
When and how we collect your Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:-
- fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms
- interact and communicate with the Company at any events or activities
- communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or subscribe to our products and/or services
- visit or browse our websites
- register or subscribe for our publications(for example, newsletters)
- use our network and other services of the Company
- request us to contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
- use some of our services, for examples, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us
- interact with our customer service officer, for example, via telephone calls, letters, online accounts with us
- contacted by and respond to our customer service officer, for example, via telephone calls, letters, online accounts with us
Purposes for the Collection of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be used by the Company to:-
- verify your identity
- update and inform you on our latest promotion, etc
- send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our products and services
- administer or otherwise carry out obligations in relation to any agreement that you or your business have with us
- respond to your inquiries about our programs of studies, services, membership matters, business associations such as instructors program, representative program, etc.
- communicate with you, such as keeping you abreast of current developments, technical up-dates, news, articles or any matter that may be of interest to you
- conduct research and market surveys
- develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better services
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructures, including testing and upgrading of these systems
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Protecting Your Personal Information
The Company ensures that your personal information is secured and protected. Your personal information is stored in a database, protected by password, and accessible only to you and the Company’s employees who require access to perform necessary responsibilities related to the management of your accounts. You can choose to access your registered information with the Company via our Secure Web Server that will encrypt the data while it is transferred through the Web.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, assessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes and additional purposes. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service provider or individuals to perform function on its behalf and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service provider or third parties referred to in this section (without limitation):-
- Event management companies and event sponsors
- Market research companies
- The Company partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities
- Other associate companies of the Company
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements
Ownership of Content and Materials
All content and materials are copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They cannot be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without prior written permission of the copyright owner and/or the Company.
Editing/ Updating of Personal Information
Users have real-time access to all their personal information. You can add or update information that you have previously submitted. Registered users can retrieve the information by logging into their web page using their respective ID and password.
A link from our Web site to another site does not imply endorsement of that site. Linked sites are not under the control of the Company and the Company will not be held responsible for the content or privacy policies of any linked sites or any links containing other linked sites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Company, you will do this entirely at your own discretion and at your own risk.
Procedure for Unsubscribing and Opt-Out
You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time by sending a message with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
Updating of Privacy Notice
The Company will, as and when it deems fit to do so, change, alter or modify its Privacy Notice. You are advised to visit the Website continually in order to monitor changes in the policy, as the policy will be binding upon you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice for this site or its implementation, click here to contact us.